2021/2022 LIVERBIRD NEW YEAR
EVENT PROCEEDING > Great news. There are no new restrictions from the UK Government and we are proceeding as planned. Race Instructions were sent on Christmas Eve but please find a brief summary of key details below, including ‘Registration times’ for all events. Apologies for any confusion.Liverbird Race Instructions (24/12/2021) can be found @ https://www.GBUltras.com/race-instructions-2021-2022…/
FRIDAY 31ST DECEMBER 2021 & SATURDAY 1ST JANUARY 2022 – 7.30am – 9.55am
Where, Parking, Registration, Race Start and Facilities
Registration will be at the Race HQ at Merseyside Police Social Club/Riversdale, The Pavilion, Riversdale Road, Liverpool, L19 3QN.
• DISCLAIMER > Available on https://www.gbultras.com/covid-brief/ please print this out, fill it in and bring it with you to registration.
Marathon – Registration from 7:30am – 8:25am. Race Start – 8:30am
Half Marathon – Registration from 8:30am – 9:25am. Race Start – 9:30am
10KM – Registration from 9:20am – 9:55am. Race Start – 10:00am
• Toilets will be provided in Merseyside Police Social Club. Tea and coffee will be available to be purchased at the start/finish venue.
• Start line area – Participants are welcome to leave a small bag/box at the turnaround point at the start/finish venue so you have personal items at hand. Please note: Do not leave valuables. GB Ultras takes no responsibility for items damaged, lost or stolen.
• Due to the spread of the COVID-19 variant, the venue changing rooms will NOT be available.
• Venue parking available – approx 100 vehicles. Please do not block access/egress. If parking on Riversdale Road please use one side of the road. Additional large parking just past the venue too, approx 50m.
• Every Runner MUST register.
COVID-19 EVENT PROCEDURES
Pre-Race & Race Start
Please watch the COVID-19 Virtual Race Brief at https://www.gbultras.com/covid-brief/.
Please do NOT attend the event if you or anyone within your household has any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
1. A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
2. A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
3. A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Runners should arrive at the event ‘ready to race’ and wear their FACE MASK during Race Registration (BIB Collection). There will also be hand-sanitation points available. Upon arrival, runners should follow the necessary signs through the one-way system, collect their bib number, have a quick photograph with the Event Photographer at the Start line prior to preparing to get underway at the start line.
All bib numbers with timing chips attached will be collected at race registration.
Please be aware volunteers will not be able to assist with kit changes or electrolyte top ups. All Checkpoint volunteers will be wearing PPE (minimum of a mask). Please ensure that you bring suitable and adequate provisions for the event, particularly if you have any special dietary requirements.
10km turnaround point is at a different point with a marshal in place to ensure you take your turn.
Returning to the Start Venue to then turn for your next lap.
Please keep to the directed route and avoid crossing the finish line/start line area until you have completed your final lap.
The event is chip timed, there will also be a member of the event team to manually record your finish time particularly in case of a staggered start being implemented. Upon crossing the finish line, please sanitise your hands and give space to other runners and members of the event team. Medals will be handed out at the finish line.
GB ULTRAS EVENTS ARE CUPLESS
To reduce the amount of plastic waste at the events GB Ultras are CUPLESS EVENTS!
Please ensure to bring your own cup to use on the go through the Checkpoints or top up your bottles before leaving the CP. Alternatively, a lightweight GB Ultras Speed Cup (now limited availability) or the Eco Cup can be purchased via our Online Shop and will be waiting for you to collect at the race. Please head to www.GBUltras.com/shop for more details.
RECOMMENDED KIT (IN CASE OF POOR WEATHER CONDITIONS)
• Long sleeved base layer
• Waterproof Coat
• Foil Blanket
The route leaves Merseyside Police Social Club venue turning left out of the entrance and continues towards the Sitting Bull. As you pass the Bull you will reach the promenade walkway. Please turn right (marshal in position) and continue for 3 miles to Brunswick Business Park (previous start location) where you will turn and make your way back to the venue to complete the first lap of the route. 10km turnaround point is slightly shorter.
Spectators are permitted at the event at this time. Event photographs taken by the team will be added to the facebook page and pictures taken by the Official event photographer Mick Hall Photos will be added to the facebook page Liverbird Marathon Double and GB Ultras Community as soon as they are available. All professional images will be available for download and are pre-paid.
RACE NUMBER VISIBILITY
Your Race Number must be visible at all times and ATTACHED TO YOUR FRONT. Safety pins will be provided at registration.
Should family or friends be following your progress throughout the day and wish to join the GB Ultras team at Checkpoints it will certainly be appreciated and gratefully received, please fill out the Volunteer form with the times they’re available to support. https://www.GBUltras.com/volunteer/
If you are struggling to make the event or perhaps have contracted COVID then please do let us know prior to the event taking place and we can defer your place to 2022/2023. Please email email@example.com
Once again, huge thanks for taking on the race and for the ongoing support, and please extend thanks to the volunteers who make the event possible. We look forward to seeing you on the start line of the 2021/2022 Liverbird New Years 10km – Half-Marathon – Marathon on New Years Eve & New Years Day.
WAYNE DRINKWATER – RACE DIRECTOR