LIVERBIRD NYE & NYD
31st Dec 2023 – 1st Jan 2024
The return of the New Years Eve and New Years Day Liverbird Double Race. Runners start by the River Mersey for this unique race. Seeing out 2023 and welcoming in 2024 with options of marathon, half-marathon, 10km or 5km!
Ideal for both the seasoned marathon runner and those new to the sport looking for a personal best on the distance and also a great introduction into back to back long distance running suitable for ultrarunners. Measured course. Trail Running Association 2023/2024 permit pending. UKA rules apply. UKA members receive a £2 discount on entry (please use your membership number)
Ready for the challenge?
Ideal for both the seasoned marathon runner and those new to the sport looking for a personal best on the distance.
Share the Liverbird page
Mens Marathon PB – Matthew Crehan (GBR) 2:27:49 (Dec 2022)
Ladies Marathon PB – Carmel Edwards (GBR) 3:01:59 (2019)
Mens Marathon Double PB – Terence Forest (GBR) 5:18:15 (2017)
Ladies Marathon Double PB – Katherine Brougham (GBR) 6:27:56 (2013)
Are You Ready To
Be Challenged? Make Friends? Laugh? Cry?
All The Liverbird Information
We want you to have the most amazing time at the Liverbird Double Event! All the information you need to participate in this event is in the table below.
Merseyside Police Club, Riversdale Road, Aigburth, Liverpool, L19 3QN.
The marathon course follows the River Mersey for 3 miles before returning to the start point and repeating the lap a further 3 times (4 in total) to complete the route.
Half marathon runners need to complete the route 2 times, and the 10k and 5k runners once to their dedicated turn point which is marshalled.
10KM – At least 15 years old + at time of race.
Half Marathon – At least 17 years old + at time of race.
Marathon Distance – At least 18 years old + at the time of the race.
RULE T3 (141) S 3 UKA SUPPLEMENT ROAD RUNNING AGE GROUPS
Please arrive at Registration approx 45 minutes before your race starts.
Start Time: Sunday 31st December 2023
Marathon – 8:30am
Half Marathon – 9:30am
5KM & 10KM – 10:30am
Start Time: Monday 1st January 2024
Marathon – 8:30am
Half Marathon – 9:30am
5KM & 10KM – 10:30am
Waterproof Coat/Base Layer in case of poor weather.
Please note: GB Ultras Races are Cupless! There are Checkpoints every 3 miles (at the Start and at the turnaround point – Marathon and Half-marathon). You can buy a GB Ultras reusable cup CLICK HERE to visit the shop.
Although largely a trail event, due to the nature of the event, you will be passing by some urban areas. No roads are closed en route.
As always, if you see a runner experiencing difficulties please inform Checkpoint Marshals/Race HQ. Each runner is given the Race Director’s number within the Race Instructions & also at Race Registration. Our team will always endeavour to reach any participant in difficulty but due to inaccessibility of the Trail this can take time. Participants who lose time helping another fallen participant, struggling against the cut off time due to this reason, can claim this time back, subject to Race Director discretion and under the proviso of completing within their new, extended cut off period.
In the event of a Medical Emergency please call 999 first and then inform Race HQ.
Ultra-Marathon Admission Waiver
Each ultra runner agrees and understands the full nature of an Ultra-Marathon. That an Ultra-Marathon involves running throughout the day and well into the night at times with limited rest over challenging terrain with inherent risks of changing weather conditions. Each ultra runner understands that it is their responsibility to adequately train for the event, and monitor their own health throughout and are ultimately responsible for their own safety. Criteria ensures that a runners safety depends on their own skills and abilities and these have been gained from other events placing them in good stead to take on the mental and physical challenges of Liverbird.
Each ultra runner understands these are there responsibilities not those of GB Ultras.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before placing an entry on our site. By submitting your entry form, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“the Terms”), and by submitting, you declare that you hereby, for yourself, your heirs and executors, administrators, successors, and assigns, declare that:-
1. I hereby agree to comply with the Conditions of Entry and all event rules and regulations as set down by GB Ultras Ltd (“the Event Organisers”) a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09397186. These conditions include the length of time taken to complete sections of the course which may be implemented by the Event Organisers, at their discretion, to ensure safe and proper running of the event.
2. I agree that the decision of the Race Referee will be final in all circumstances and no discussion will be entered into.
3. I agree to conduct myself in a sporting, professional and cautious manner during my participation in the event and understand that I may be disqualified if I do not do so.
4. I understand participation in this Event is physically strenuous and demanding and am fully aware of the nature of the event and all associated medical and physical risks involved. I further certify that I am physically capable of competing in this Event and I will only compete if I am fit enough to do so.
5. I will be immediately disqualified from the Event if I am found to have intentionally shortened the route to the race, and found to be deliberately littering the course.
6. If I have any medical condition(s), including allergies, which the Event Organisers or Event medical advisors might need to be aware of, I have provided details of this on my entry form, and will also provide written details of this on the rear of my pin-on numbers prior to my participation in the Event. I agree to display my number at all times during the Event.
7. I acknowledge that my pin-on number is personal to me and it is non-transferable under any circumstances.
8. I understand and agree that I participate in this Event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that I must conduct myself in a manner that is safe for myself and all others throughout the duration of this Event.
9. I agree to retire immediately from the event if ordered to do so by the Event Organisers, any government official or member of the emergency services.
10. I accept full liability for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the Event
11. I accept that the Event Organisers, sponsors, race officials, medical advisers and any person involved in the organisation of this Event are not liable for any injury or illness or resultant death that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the Event, whether prior to, during or subsequent to the Event. I enter the race entirely at my own risk. I renounce any rights and claims for damages that I may have against the Event Organisers, sponsors, race officials, medical advisers and any person involved in the organisation of this Event together with their officers, directors, shareholders, successors and assigns, (collectively, “Releasees”) and release them from all liability to the Participant and his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, and successors for loss(es), damage(s) and claims therefor on account of injury to Participant or his/her property or the resultant death of Participant, whether caused by the active or passive negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, in connection with Participants involvement in the Event (“Losses”), and further covenants not to sue any of the aforementioned parties for such Losses.
12. Whilst the Event Organisers take every care with the staging of the Event, I accept that I must make all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of my person and of my property during my participation in this Event. I further acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is my responsibility.
13. I understand that at registration, I must produce photographic identification.
14. I am aware that when running, the function of the marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide if the movement is safe.
15. I accept that, in relation to my participation in this Event, I am required to obey instructions from marshals and relevant signage before, during and after the Event.
16. The Event Organisers introduce cut off times for completion of sections of the course as they see fit. These will be made clear prior to the race. Competitors may be instructed to withdraw from the Event in accordance with the imposed cut off times.
17. I accept that the Event Organisers reserve the right to amend the event format or cancel the Event due to health and safety reasons, including storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or any other act of god conditions. I accept that my Entry fee shall be non-refundable in this circumstance as costs have already been incurred.
18. I accept that the Event Organisers will do their utmost to provide me with a finish time following my completion of the Event, however they will not be held responsible for any computer result anomalies.
19. I will be 20 years old or over on the day of the Event (Rule T3 (141) S5 UKA Trail Running).
20. I have read, understood and accept the GB Ultras Ltd Withdrawal Policy.
21. I understand that confirmed entry to this event is dependent on a fully and accurately completed online Entry Form; and receipt of payment to cover my Entry fee at least 10 working days (2 weeks) in advance of the event. If either of these conditions is not fulfilled then my entry will not be valid nor accepted, and I will not be eligible to take part in the Event.
22. Through my completion and submission of the online Entry Form, I am committing to paying for my Event entry via the means as instructed on the GB Ultras Ltd website.
23. I irrevocably consent to my appearance in any media format, in relation to the publicity of this Event, and in future publicity and advertising of GB Ultras Ltd; provided that such use does not imply my direct endorsement of any official sponsor or suppliers of the Event.
24. All decisions and rulings by the Event Organisers, its employees and its agents are considered final.
25. The Event Organisers reserve the right to vary these conditions by giving notice to in writing in any official event material or correspondence prior to the Event.
26. A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
27. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and pandemic or epidemic.
28. I have read, understood and accept the GB Ultras Ltd Withdrawal Policy. You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category. Your details may also be passed onto 3rd parties via Live tracking so that your family and friends and the general public can follow every entrants position during the Race.
29. Should a GPS Tracker be damaged, lost or stolen then the entrant agrees to cover the cost of the tracker which is £150 + VAT per GPS tracker.
30. Upon withdrawal or completion of the Race, the runner agrees to return the GPS tracker to the Race Organiser. If a GPS tracker is not returned to a dedicated Race Marshal at Race HQ then the runner will be charged £150 + VAT.
31. I have read, understood and accept the GB Ultras Ltd Withdrawal Policy.
Prior to the race
Due to the nature of the event, costs are incurred as soon as a participant signs up, no refunds are possible in this event.
The NYE 2023 – NYD 2024 Liverbird is the final GB Ultras Liverbird so no deferrals are permitted or transfer to other events.
Transfer to another runner
Next of kin number
During the race
Please inform a GB Ultras Race Marshal at one of the Checkpoint’s, Race HQ or the Race Director. This will ensure all participants who are registered and pull out of the race are accounted for, allowing for the accurate and safe running of the event. If a participant withdraws at a Checkpoint they must hand over their Race Number to race staff to signal their retirement. Marshals’ will inform Race HQ.
Although ultimately decisions to continue are in the hands of the runner, GB Ultras reserve the right to pull any participant out of the race on health grounds.
So you like a challenge, so do we! Below you’ll find some of our 50 Mile Ultras
M2L Ultra 50
7th Edition | 50 Miles | 14 Hours | 123m Elevation | Sold Out
5th Edition | 56 Miles | 15 Hours | 231m Elevation | Limited Places
Pennine Barrier Ultra 50
7th Edition | 50 Miles | 18 Hours | 2593m Elevation | Final Places
Snowdon Ultra 50
5th Edition | 47 Miles | 20 Hours | 2785m Elevation | Limited Places